Javier Chiabrando is a writer and a musician. His work has been published in Argentina, Mexico, Spain, and Cuba. The novel Todavía no cumplí cincuenta y ya estoy muerto (I am not even Fifty and I am Already Dead) is regarded as his most famous work. He is also the author of Querer escribir, poder escribir (Wanting to Write, Being Able to Write), a book that analyses the writing process. He is in charge of literary workshops in cities from Argentina as well as in national and international book fairs such as the Azabache Festival of crime novel.
He writes for the newspaper Rosario 12, for the Radar section (both belonging to Página/12 newspaper), and for the literary section of Telam news agency.
- 1999 - Finalist “La sonrisa vertical” (Spain)
- 2002 - Finalist “La sonrisa vertical” (Spain)
- 2011 - Finalist Emecé Award (Argentina)
- 2009 - Finalist Irreverentes Award (Spain)
- 2008 - Lobo de mar Award (Argentina)
- 2006 - Alfonsina Award (Argentina)